Quinoa Bean Nuggets and Carrot Chips
|Free range eggs
|Cannellini beans in water
|Butter beans in water
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Line 2 baking trays with nonstick baking paper.
2. Cook the quinoa as instructed on the pack. When done, spoon the cooked quinoa onto one of the baking trays, cover with a clean tea towel and set aside to cool completely (the tea towel will absorb any excess moisture).
3. Put the flour on a dinner plate and season with a little salt and pepper. Break the egg into a bowl, season and whisk briefly with a fork.
4. Blitz the beans in a food processor and gradually add the egg (or chia egg – 1 tbsp of chia seeds soaked in water – for vegans) as a binding agent. Once combined form the paste in balls.
5. Toss the balls in the flour until well coated, then dip into the beaten egg (skip this step for vegans). Shake off any excess egg and put the beans balls in the cooled quinoa.
6. Use your fingers to press the quinoa onto the bean balls.
7. Arrange the coated balls on the second baking tray, drizzle with 1/2 the oil and cook in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
8. Place the carrot “fries” on a second tray, drizzle with the remaining oil and bake for 20 mins, turning halfway through the cooking time.