|Large Spanish onions||75g|
|Mature white cheddar||140g|
|Medium free range eggs||6|
|Ground black pepper||1g|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Spray the holes of a muffin tin with spray oil, or lightly grease.
2. Peel and finely chop the onion and divide equally between the holes. Put in the oven for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, weigh and grate the Cheddar cheese. Put the peas into a medium bowl and add the grated cheese and herbs.
4. Add the eggs, black pepper and water to the bowl, and mix with a fork.
5. Remove the muffin tin from the oven, divide the mixture between the holes and stir. Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the tin.
Serving to infants 7-9 months
Blend or mash the popover until it is smooth with soft lumps, or slice and serve as a finger food.
Serving to infants 10-12 months
Chop or mince the popover to the desired consistency, or slice and serve as a finger food.