Modern Slavery Act
This statement sets out the steps Childbase Partnership Limited takes to assess and address the risks of violations of anti-human trafficking and anti-modern slavery laws.
Modern Slavery Act Statement
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our slavery and human trafficking statement. This statement sets out the steps Childbase Partnership Limited takes to assess and address the risks of violations of anti-human trafficking and anti-modern slavery laws. We have a zero tolerance approach to modern day slavery and human trafficking both within our business and in our supply chains.
The Managing Director has responsibility for overseeing the effective implementation of our anti-slavery and human trafficking policy and for the annual preparation of the anti-slavery and human trafficking statement. The Managing Director will report annually to the Board regarding any slavery and human trafficking issues. To date no issues have been raised.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to ensuring modern slavery does not occur in our business or supply chains. These include:
- All employees are recruited in line with our safer recruitment policy which entails robust pre-employment checks on right to work, verification of employment history, DBS checks and overseas police checks/certificates of good conduct.
- Policies in place which cover whistleblowing. Our Whistleblowing Policy supports our staff to confidentially report any genuine concerns relating to modern day slavery, human trafficking or human rights violations and give assurance that these concerns will be dealt with appropriately.
- All employees receive thorough training around whistleblowing – this training is heavily focused around safeguarding children in our care. This culture creates an environment which empowers employees to raise other concerns using appropriate and defined channels.
- All of our workforce has access to a confidential HR helpline.
- Market-related pay and rewards reviewed annually.
- Wellbeing initiatives to support our people’s physical and mental wellbeing.
We have compulsory training on our online training portal for all Line Managers to increase their awareness of modern day slavery.
Our Supply Chain
We are committed to improving our practices to enable us to identify and eradicate any modern slavery or human trafficking within our supply chains.
We have mapped the company’s supply chains, identifying potential areas of risk for modern slavery. This review helps us to focus our attention on the highest risk areas identified to ensure that our obligations under the Act continue to be met. We also seek reassurance about our supplier’s compliance with the legislation.
There have been no reported incidents of modern slavery or human trafficking to date. If any concerns are raised then Childbase Partnership would carry out a full investigation and appropriate action taken in line with our company policies.
As part of our ongoing review of the company’s risk assessment, we monitor our procurement process and will be introducing specific measures to ensure that our obligations under the Act are passed through our supply chain.
This statement was approved by Childbase’s Board of Directors on 28th May 2020 for the company financial year which concluded on 31st October 2019.
Childbase Partnership Limited
Published 28th May 2020