Jamaican Fish Curry
|Large Spanish onions
|Cod fillets - skinless & boneless
|Wholegrain brown rice
1. Dice the potatoes. Boil for 10-15 minutes in unsalted water until cooked. Then drain.
2. Meanwhile, chop the onions, peppers, and garlic.
3. Cut fish into chunks, removing any bones.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and add the onions and peppers and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
5. Stir in garlic, water, curry powder, and tomatoes.
6. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
7. Add the peas, fish and potatoes. Cook gently for a further 5-10 minutes until the fish is cooked.
Serving to infants 7-9 months
Mash/blend the curry with cooked rice until it is smooth with soft lumps, and check thoroughly for bones. Serve with a vegetable finger food.
Serving to infants 10-12 months
Chop or mince the curry with cooked rice to the desired consistency, and check thoroughly for bones. Serve with a vegetable finger food.