Responsibility and Sustainability
As an employee-owned company we continuously strive to support the communities in which we serve. As such, corporate responsibility is a core pillar of our company ethos and we continuously help to fundraise, support and progress charitable and voluntary initiatives.
2017 Charity - Children Today
From 1st November 2016, following a company-wide vote, Childbase is delighted to be supporting Children Today.
Children Today is a charity that raises funds to provide specialised equipment and services for children and young people with disabilities throughout the UK.
• Children Today was founded in 1994 to help disabled children and
young people up to the age of 25 enjoy a better quality of life by
providing them with the specialised equipment they need.
• Children Today relies totally on voluntary donations, they receive no
funding from the Government or Social Services.
• There is no statutory right for young people with disabilities to be
provided with equipment they need by the Government or NHS,
so they fill that gap.
• They believe the provision of specialised equipment has a direct and
immediate impact on a child’s quality of life and independence, and is
vital in helping them to overcome obstacles and achieve their potential.
• Equipment can include wheelchairs, walking frames, tricycles and
other mobility aids, as well as, multi-sensory equipment and other